View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 04:31 AM   #5
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Well, the fonts.css automatically generated by calibre (I assume calibre knows how to generate embedded fonts, shouldn't it?) is similar.

Apparently, the subsetting of fonts does something wrong. If I keep the fonts as they are, everything is as it should. After subsetting, sometimes the Italics go wrong, othertimes Bolded ones go wrong, and the damn thing, the preview in calibre does not give any hint, as it is displayed as I intended, only to find the error hours and days later when reading on the Sony.

I'll see deeper in the matter, and when I'm finished I'll write a definitive guide to embedding fonts - as I couldn't find any before asking this question. Yes, there are questions answered, but not a guide to prevent such questions asked in the future.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote