View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Angry Why Is Basic Formatting So Difficult?

Hey guys, first time poster. I've recently ordered a Kindle 2 and in anticipation I've been converting my existing collection of LIT and PDF files to PRC.

I realize no conversion process will be perfect, particularly for PDF files. But I don't understand why no converter seems to get even LIT files formatted properly. All I want is something to preserves the indentations and spacing between paragraphs... yet they all fail to varying degrees. I've downloaded the ABC LIT converter, the Mobipocket Reader and Creator, Mobigen, Book Designer, even BD2MOBI, and they all help the conversion process in various ways, but none of them very well.

Is there ANY simple method for converting LIT to PRC/MOBI while preserving basic formatting? Or do I always have to edit HTML by hand? Why is this so difficult? (And PDF I realize has its own issues... but I'm not asking for embedded diagrams and graphics; just simple formatting.)
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote