View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 02:48 PM   #34
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJohnson View Post
At Amazon USA: Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0166JFFD0?tag=eriq-noti-20
<snip>
This sounds like it would be an interesting book. I'm going to run over to the webpage and see if there's a cheap Whispersync audio to go with it.

There's a fact that some of you may be interested in knowing. I heard Gene Krantz (head of mission control for the NASA Apollo program, I think that was) say that in the early days of the program to eventually get a human to the moon, very few of the workers (engineers, probably the mathematicians like this book talks about, etc.) had a Doctorate degree. Most of them had only a Master's. That makes it even more amazing to me what they accomplished!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote