View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
After blowing past my spending target in 2016, and actually increasing my TBR pile, I'm pondering whether to try again in 2017, or pick a different set of goals.
That's a tough one. I'm pondering the fit of my straitjacket for next year myself.

On the one hand, no point is setting yourself up for failure, and once you blow past your limits, they mostly cease to work even as a mental roadblock. In for a penny, in for hundreds of pounds. On the other, you might be even worse off if you didn't formulate buying goals. I wish I had the answer.

Fortunately for me, my buying issues are separate from my reading challenges!