View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #267
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
If these were "rouge" employees that broke the law, then Apple should have argued that.
But they weren't rogue. For that reason, even if still with the company years from now when appeals are complete, Apple will not discipline them.

Quote:
Are you really saying that Apple should be saying "Well, the main conspirators are no longer with the company. Can we go now?"
I didn't say that, so it should not be in quotation marks. Back in #236, the post you are commenting upon, I offered Apple no advice. The company has hired far better legal advisers than me.

Quote:
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
It's not a criminal matter, and there is no "you" who can possibly do time, or even be fined. No one is going to be punished except, slightly, Apple stockholders.

To personalize it, I involuntarily own thousands of dollars of Apple stock through a pension plan I have contributed to since 1982. Why should I, who couldn't have possibly had anything to do with the conspiracy, have to pay even a dime to people who voluntarily bought a book at a price they knew up front? What about co-founder Steve Wozniak, Apple's Mr. Nice Guy? I'll bet he has hundreds of times more Apple stock than me, and also has nothing to do with it.

If anyone is a victim of high eBook prices, it is the lower middle class taxpayer who can't afford to buy eBooks, but is forced, through taxes, to pay the sky-high eBook prices charged public libraries.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote