View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #260
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm out of my depth here, but I just don't see anything huge happening. Monitoring may be onerous for Apple, but is it really a big deal?

You mean as in AT&T? As in break up Apple into smaller companies? I just can't picture this. I think Apple should be punished (and beyond any simple monetary gain they achieved by colluding), but I just don't see in any way them breaking up the company.
I don't see it yet.
There are no hints of it in the ruling. Or the hinted settlement terms.
But legally, the judge could order Apple to divest iBooks or, since they used appstore access to coerce Random House into doing business with iBooks, both.

Apple is playing with fire.
They should have settled before it got even this far.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote