View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #259
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I never bought any books from Amazon before agency pricing took place, but I was often buying new ebooks from Fictionwise at list price with 100% store rebate that effectively brought my price down to paperback prices or less. All that went away after 4/1/10, and I calculated that buying the same items a year or later would have cost me 3-4 times as much as I paid when I could take advantage of the sales.
Oh, you'll get no argument from me that agency caused prices to go up across the board. Preaching to the choir. I'm only commenting on the misconception that there was a $9.99 "price point" for ALL newly released ebooks before agency. Pure myth.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote