View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #258
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Those who had Kindles at the time can easily look at their purchase history and SEE how much they paid. I listed my new-releases purchases in another thread; and very few were 9.99 at that time. Now granted, I don't read a lot of stuff from the NYT best seller list (at least not expressly because it was on the list), so everyone's mileage might vary. The point is: the idea that there was ever a time that ALL (or even most) newly released ebooks were being sold at 9.99 is myth being perpetuated by people who need it to be true for their vendetta (or are too lazy to do the research necessary). When I got my first Kindle in 2009, my new-release purchases were costing me $11 - $12 on average. A couple were $9.99 (and a couple were $15). I remember being miffed about not seeing any 9.99 ebooks I wanted to read.
I never bought any books from Amazon before agency pricing took place, but I was often buying new ebooks from Fictionwise at list price with 100% store rebate that effectively brought my price down to paperback prices or less. All that went away after 4/1/10, and I calculated that buying the same items a year or later would have cost me 3-4 times as much as I paid when I could take advantage of the sales.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote