View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #33
misling
Zealot
misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I keep a couple hard drive backups. My amazon stuff is on amazon's cloud by default, but I download all of it anyway.

I have a few problems with clouds. First is bandwidth. I have a 5gb cap on data transfers. And I have about 80gb of music - even if I used up my whole month's allotment of data transfer every month on it, it would take forever to get all my music loaded into any cloud. Second, I want my stuff where I can always get it, no worries if the company goes out of business or their servers go down. Third, I don't like the privacy implications. Not that I care who sees what music I have - but for other stuff.
misling is offline   Reply With Quote