View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #286
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I was thinking of pre-1900 classic and 1900 to 1960 classic, but this works too.

I'm still confused about what it takes to claim sufficient groundswell support that it's time to call for a poll. Who the heck decided all this?
So what is wring with a more modern classic? Do we only count books that are more then 50 years old to be classic? There are classic works that are not that old, the author isn't dead, and the book is not in the public domain in any country.

As I see it, classic was added in a 2nd time by mistake and overlooked until I've brought it up
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote