Thread: Cliff Hangers
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I just finished a book where the ending was brought about by two characters who had been killed earlier in the book. Now one had been killed about 150 earlier but the only evidence of his being killed was the protagonist, and killer, had said he was killed. Aha! He lied. The second Lazarus was killed not far before the end of the book. The killer hugged him, shot him three times with the pistol pressed against his chest, and, son-of-a-gun, never noticed her was wearing a bullet-proof vest. He then buried the guy but the guy dug him self out of the grave, a neat trick, and lived.
I'm still mad at Michael Critchon for what he did with the character Malcom in Jurassic Park. In the book, HE DIES. It's clear he's wounded, possibly fatally, and then there's a sentence at the end of the book stating that the other characters had attended his funeral.

Then JP made a TON of money, so the author decided it was time to resurrect the character. As I recall, the wording in Lost World (the sequel) went something like "news of his death had been greatly exaggerated". Whatever.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote