View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
Oliver Frances
Member Retired
Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Oliver, he was only trying to be helpful. What he was saying is that the blurb you posted is poorly written, which it is. I would never buy a book with such a blurb because my thought would be that an author who can't even produce a well-written blurb, arguably the single most important part of the book, clearly won't have a well-written book.

Neil is right. That blurb is atrocious.

More suggestions -- your book is way overpriced at $3.99. It's only about 12,000 words according to Smashwords, more of a long "short story" and translates to less than a hour of reading time for the typical reader.

-Marcy

Addendum: I suspect based on your Smashwords profile that perhaps English isn't your first language. It would explain the blurb, but it still isn't acceptable. I couldn't write anything at all in a language other than my native one, so I realize how hard this must be. However, if you are going to publish a book/story for an English audience it has to be in proper English. You might need to get someone more fluent than you to help with the translation.

Before any judgement about my work, I should tell that the content of the book (the whole story) was revised by english professor, as well as I suggest that you read my another work at Smashwords -which is free on the promotion, and it is The Most Beautiful Woman...

And, I will check out the blurb again
Anyway, thanks

Last edited by Oliver Frances; 07-09-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Oliver Frances is offline   Reply With Quote