View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Frances View Post
So let me know how you could do it... And, I'll do it, however you should read the book first to talk openly about it...

Thanks for your comment
Oliver, he was only trying to be helpful. What he was saying is that the blurb you posted is poorly written, which it is. I would never buy a book with such a blurb because my thought would be that an author who can't even produce a well-written blurb, arguably the single most important part of the book, clearly won't have a well-written book.

Neil is right. That blurb is atrocious.

More suggestions -- your book is way overpriced at $3.99. It's only about 12,000 words according to Smashwords, more of a long "short story" and translates to less than a hour of reading time for the typical reader.

-Marcy

Addendum: I suspect based on your Smashwords profile that perhaps English isn't your first language. It would explain the blurb, but it still isn't acceptable. I couldn't write anything at all in a language other than my native one, so I realize how hard this must be. However, if you are going to publish a book/story for an English audience it has to be in proper English. You might need to get someone more fluent than you to help with the translation.

Last edited by Marcy; 07-09-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote