View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #51
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Another question, please.

Does stopping the indexing service interfere with the dictionary use? The dictionary I was using is accepted by Menu/Settings/Menu/Change Main Dictionary, but when using the dictionary option, instead of the explanation in this dictionary, I get the explanation of the English dictionary.

Of course, the only thing indexed now is the list of books and collections.
Hmm, not sure about that. I rarely use the built-in dictionary, let alone use another, so I cannot really tell you.

I guess if it works with the English dictionary that is built-in, but not the custom one you use, the easiest sure-fire way of knowing if the indexing has anything to do with it would be to uninstall the indexing hack, let it index completely again (ie, create the huge file(s) in the index folder with all of the words on all of your books), and then see if it still defaults to the English dictionary.

Fortunately, if you sue my two scripts I made for this hack, it would be easy to test, and then revert back to using the script.

Finally, I do not really know why the lack of indexing would cause problems with using your custom dictionary. I mean if it works with the default English one, Idk why it wouldn't with your custom, so long as you have that one set, as before the hack. Just my opinion. Again, I haven't used the dictionary feature enough to be an expert.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote