View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #28
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Paola, thanks for the word 'cinematic' which perfectly describes Dickens' descriptions, those being my what really kept me reading. I became rather fond of Sir Leicester by the end of the book.
d
I found myself liking him more too. Paola's comment about the "passion" of Sir Leicester's love is really so significant. It's his capacity to love--something his lawyer doesn't have--that redeems him.

Early on, he's simply a nastily arrogant aristocrat with an inflated idea of the importance of his position and title. By the end, he has realised the worth of his wife as a human being and has thus becomes humansed himself.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 08-07-2011 at 02:33 PM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote