View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #9
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdavies1000 View Post
Hey, i am looking at getting an ereader. My choice is restricted due to where i live (Argentina).

A possibility is the Aluratek Libre eBook Reader PRO. Does anyone know if it is good or not? It is the cheapest and seems to have similar features to the next option, the Cybook Opus which seems plagued with stability issues.

Thanks, James
I just bought a Libre because of price, ability to have it shipped to me overseas at a military address, and the number of formats that it reads. I really like it because of its portability (although it definitely won't fit in my pocket... maybe in a man's pocket it will), but I am going to buy a different one to use at home because I don't like the 5" screen. It seems smaller than the Sony Pocket Edition's 5" screen, for some reason, but I haven't compared them side by side in person. Maybe I will do that today.

But, it is very easy to use, lightweight, and all in all it does what it's supposed to do. Just make sure you update the firmware when you get it so you can read Adobe DRM books.
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote