View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
distantsmoke
distantsmoke began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505; Kindle 2
Question Totally confused and Thank you!

First the good folks in this forum have already saved my Sony PRS 505 LC twice, so thank you! I've only had it a week, so I am still figuring things out. None of the following questions are life or death. And I apologize for my "newbie" ignorance. But I would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on the following issues.

Second, a few things have me totally confused.
1. I manage my eReader through the Sony eBook Store software. What is Sony CONNECT? Do I need it? Do I want it?

2. Syncing. How is it done? I have seen comments about a sync button. But my PRS 505 LC doesn't seem to have one. Either hardware or software.

3. I used the Sony eBook Store to build collections on my eReader. After deleting them in the Bookstore, they are still on my eReader. How do I get rid of them? All the collections show "No Book".

4. I have gone to "Settings" "Restore Defaults" a couple of times in an effort to get rid the the collections on my Reader. Nothing seems to change and the collections are still there. Is that normal?

5. I have several books in .pdb format. Is there a way to see them on my eReader? I tried importing them through the Bookstore software, but they don't show up in my library.

6. I have also pushed the reset button on the back with a pin (when I was trying to solve one of the problems I encountered) and again, nothing seems to change. What should have happened?

Thank you all. And a particular thanks to those folks in the forum who are willing to help out folks like me.

I'm including pictures of my Reader just in case....(so you can see just what I have)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0070.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	24118   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0071.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	24119   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0072.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	24120  

Last edited by distantsmoke; 02-21-2009 at 08:31 PM.
distantsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote