View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 AM   #239
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaswistry View Post
Hello.

I have a Kindle touch with FW 5.3.2.

I jailbreak(ed) my Kindle using the instructions here.

Following the instructions on the thread, I first created an extensions folder on the root of the drive and then proceeded to copy "update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bi n" and "update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin" and updated.

Now I get an error that says "The update was unsuccessful." and "Update Error: 3".

What am I doing wrong?

If it helps, I have the custom screensaver from Yifan Lu installed.
You are probably restarting the Kindle rather than using the "Update Kindle" menu entry.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote