View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #37
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
... I found an article called: The Hypocrites of Homosexuality
That is where the quote offered in post #24 came from - a post that reminded me it was well past time I should re-read Songmaster. I finished it a couple of days ago. The story was not about sexuality, but homosexuality (well bisexuality) came into it and it was, in my opinion, handled very very well, and very believably. The book made no particular statement about sexuality (although I can imagine people trying to claim certain things about what eventually happened to Josef, but this was a result of his personality - and that of Riktors - rather than a result of his bisexuality). The incident was simply part of the story, developing the situation so that the ending fit together very well. I think it was an excellent book, I find it amazing that he did so well on just his second novel.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote