View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
I disagree that "page numbers are worthless." One of the things I really liked on the Sony (and now iBooks) is that it uses page numbers. I feel much more at home looking at page 55 of 215, even if I change the font and it becomes page 82 of 323. It's true, we don't really have pages anymore, but I think the metaphor still works for most people. We don't really have file drawers and folders in our computers either, but we seem to work just fine with the little paper and folder icons.
I didn't say that they were worthless; I said that they were worthless as a method of providing a reference for a particular point in a book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote