View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #35
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Could be that I am grandfathered. I have a grandfathered audible account as well.

One thing that I've noticed is that I've seen a shift from books and articles to videos not only at O'Reilly but in a lot of online learning sites. I absolutely hate learning videos. I learn best by reading, not by listening or watching some guy yammer. Amazon has gone almost all videos and simulated labs in their online classes. I guess it helps some people.
Yes, I'm pretty much the same as far as training videos go. I learn by doing, for the most part, not by watching. But SBO gives you a choice, which I like. For quick overviews video is okay. But when it goes on for hours and hours, I get impatient.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-01-2017 at 11:09 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote