View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolB View Post
There is VERY little that she and I read alike. I have MUCH more conservative taste in books than she does. The free current books are something that very much appeals to me. They have alot of books coming up free that I would read and it would have already paid for itself by the time I read the books that I'd pay for on Sony that are free on the Kindle. That said, I would use both becuase there's things I like and things I LOVE about my Sony. I just have a hard time spending the money on something like that, even several months from now after just having spent the money on my Sony, almost feels like I'm cheating on my Sony. I'm sure there's a way to strip the DRM from the Kindle books I've gotten free for Kindle for PC, but I'm not a computer person and don't want to ruin the books.

Well, if you ruin it, you just download it again. As I said, my Kindle has more than paid for itself in free downloads - both from Amazon and from other sites.

I understand what you mean about "cheating". I've had my Kindle for over a year, it's the original, and when I got my daughter the K2 for Christmas my husband and I were both playing with it and really liking it and I did feel guilty, like I was making "Pearl" (my K1) feel old and fat and unloved. Yeah, I know....

But Pearl and my pink Sony 300 (who has no name yet) get along just fine.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote