View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #50
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It's nice to hear that others are still finding the sshd stuff useful. I still use it for copying files to and from the device. I may use the ssh shell if the daemon is already running and I just need to do something quickly. Otherwise, I've been using the utelnetd daemon for login sessions because it has a much better behaved terminal. You get a prompt, command completion, history and editing, and even vi works nicely. It's much better if you need to do complicated things in the shell. At least that's true on my 902; I don't know if they've fixed the permissions on /dev/ptmx and added /dev/pts to /etc/fstab on the newest devices or not.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote