View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #33
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Although that's technically true, from a practical perspective one could reasonably say that any author who died prior to 1923 is in the public domain, given that all works published prior to 1923 are in the public domain. It's not strictly true when it comes to such things as posthumous works, but it's a reasonable way to think about the situation practically.
I've ran into too many posthumous works from authors that died in the 20's to be able to think that way. Even for Canada I can't think that way as I've been bitten by thinking something should be PD based on the author and then found it was published after the cut off date and wasn't PD. So no, it is not effectively the same thing.

Greg Weeks
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote