Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
That was Weekend at Bernies. Loved it!

So Don, let me ask you a personal question: Are you native to Peru? I ask because every Hispanic male I know is very squeamish about bodily functions, as you describe. I have an acquaintance from Guatemala in front of whom I make a point to pop in an insulin shot, just to watch him turn green and see his skin crawl. He told me it is considered bad manners to do such things in public where he comes from. So I, of course, poke his personal boundaries whenever possible. After all, what are friends for?

Is this your experience also, that discussing or witnessing bodily functions is taboo?
No, I'm a citizen of the U.S.

I just love humor that challenges and is on the cutting edge, and perhaps even "dangerous" if it gets people to think. Also, because I love dead things (re: Zombies), I love to put them in odd situations in terms of humor.

I also think cats make the most lovely bookends imaginable. (That's a joke, but someone will read into it a desire to torture animals. People who feel that way have very narrow perspectives...)

Don