View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 05:28 PM   #42
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by db105 View Post
Coming back to Asimov, I'm a big fan. I started reading SF with his works, and I loved all of them. It's been a long time since then, and old SF doesn't age as well as other genres, but I still love it.
One of the problems is that Science itself advances so that what was once known fact can change. Edmund Hamilton's "The City at World's end" is an example. Knowledge about how stars age and their life cycle changed after he wrote it so that it doesn't work in that regard anymore. It's still a good story though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote