View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #96
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Don't suppose anyone could e-mail Oxford University Press and ask them to make 'The Surprising Archaea: Discovering a New Domain of Life' by John L. Howland, it's now out of print and was published in 2000, ISBN 9780195111835. Was watching the Horizon episode 'Why do Viruses Kill?' and archaea popped up and sounded interesting. I've e-mailed them, hopefully if enough people do then they'll make it available. I thought about e-mailing the author but as far as I can tell John L. Howland passed away October 18th 2009, if it's the same John L. Howland that was a Professor of Natural Sciences and Professor of Biology and Biochemistry Emeritus at Bowdoin College.
Has anybody got any recommendations for ebooks about virology, bacteriology or medicine? Has anyone read Killer Germs by Barry and David Zimmerman?
Not available as an ebook, but there is a book from 2007 on the topic: "The Third Domain: The Untold Story of Archaea and the Future of Biotechnology" by Tim Friend.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote