View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #225
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Thank you Kolbo5, that was good detective work. Unfortunately, I can't think of any easy ways to get around this. The only SDK available is quite old now, and matches the libraries on the older devices. It looks like the version 5 firmware devices are going to be incompatible with apps for older devices that use shared libraries. That makes me a bit nervous about buying the Inkpad now, since I really want to use pbimageviewer on that device.

We can try either installing older libraries onto the devices and altering the library search path to find them, or building pbimageviewer.app against static libraries. The problem is that, if libinkview.so was also updated in a non-backwards compatible manner, then none of this will work anyway (I don't think an older version of libinkview.so would work on the device). I'll look into the firmware for the 840 and see what other dynamic libraries have changed. It'll give me some idea of whether this is possible or not.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote