View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #70
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
I did write two buttons, for disable and enable the log thing. The first idea was by using patch. As I did not find it, I reverted to a simple copy of one of two previously prepared filed. But this only works for a particular version of the firmware.

The complete story would assume that the shell script should:
- detect model and firmware of the Kindle;
- based on that, state the file to be updated;
- do the update based on a simple sed command - I believe (from my K3 and K5) that the two lines to be changed are the same on each Kindle, maybe at different positions.

sed seems more flexible than patch w.r.t. applying the same change on different files.
Well, you already know where the find the version and pretty_version files.

Take a look at my new "Hardware Report" button's script to see how it ID's the hardware (as provided by NiLuJe):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...36&postcount=1

You can also find decoding of the serial number examples in /etc/upstart/functions.
I suspect that non-upstart devices have a similar set of "canned functions" somewhere.

Last edited by knc1; 08-06-2013 at 09:22 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote