View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #39
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Then you'd have absolutely zero trouble if you followed the very same practices with Amazon purchases.

I guess I don't quite understand why anyone would feel any safer purchasing, de-DRMing, and backing up non-Amazon ebooks than they would purchasing, de-DRMing and backing-up Amazon content. If you're going to take a proactive stance on de-DRMing and backing up your own purchases, surely where you get your content from is of very little consequence?
This is true. I do 'liberate' and backup all my books. I think what bothers me about this whole thing is that, if the story is true and as the user stated them, that Amazon will not give a full explanation to her. They will not budge and give her a chance to respond to charges. That and the fact that they removed books she already bought and paid for.

And Amazon is not the only company that has this type of attitude.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote