View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #262
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyd View Post
I have read all of the possible reasons why the K4, K3 screens may be different and didn't know what to expect. My K4 arrived yesterday and I do see a difference. It's enough for me to try one exchange. My replacement is on the way. I'll only try one time and then decide if I live with it or not. I think somewhere here Blossom said she put her K3 away and moved on, which I may do, but the idea was to use the K4 for travel and the K3 at home, so I'll always be comparing. I'm not alone with this opinion, other eyes here agree with me. Oh well we'll see.
Fresh out of the box this time of year the kindle eInk displays WILL have low contrast and significant shadows and ghosting artifacts. You need to store it is a warm place (nearly body temperature) overnight. The lithium batteries are shipped at only 40% charge (correct long-term storage voltage). It needs a full charge (which can take up to 14 hours), then the display needs proper "exercise", before you determine its quality (or lack thereof).

If people keep sending back their new kindles just because they were delivered during a cold season in an unheated delivery vehicle, this will just raise the price on new kindles. Please test it properly before returning it.

Even my old DX (non-Pearl) display improved dramatically after it warmed up and was used for awhile.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote