View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #31
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The reason I used the Googlereader and not Googlereaderuber is because Googlereader recipe doesn't have the reading list. Read this post for details. The bottom line is because I have my subscriptions in folders this recipe (first post) now downloads all my articles twice and I end up with a book that has about twice as many pages as a result.

Of course until they learn how to place their feeds in folders at least they will be reaching their goal of grabbing articles using Google Reader.
I understand your point and it is fine by me to keep both the versions.

I personally am more of a uncategorized person as i add and remove feeds to my google reader all the time and mostly that leaves things in eternal chaos.

Since the original recipe left out uncategorized items, I took it to be an obvious flaw. I thought just duplicating the posts was not enough of a point to keep separate recipes as there is not that much of a size issue and this way the classification work more like 'tag's instead of 'folders' i.e one item can have more then one tag.

In any case it doesn't hurt to keep both the recipes. I will update my first post to include both updated versions as well as link to your excellent post so people can choose the right one and learn to be better organized.

Thinking about it, for users like me who add/remove feeds like mad and have 200 unread items every day, this also opens the door to fetch only selected feeds. Just have the ones you want to read tagged and leave the others untagged and use the 'Google reader' recipe.

-EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------------

On second thought, is it possible to give the user a checkbox from a recipe, just like we allow them to enter username/password? For e.g a checkbox saying "Download all articles including uncategorized".

This would also be helpful for the feature i want to add at some point, i.e a checkbox to enable marking downloaded articles as read so that they are not re-downloaded in the next news fetch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
BTW, during the step of obtaining the auth code with the user/pass, I added the data: 'accountType', 'HOSTED_OR_GOOGLE'.
I think it is for those sevices like Google's Corporate mail service and website hosting service by Google that dont end in @google.com

It doesnt hurt by being present and it already the border value so lets leave it in.

Last edited by rollercoaster; 07-14-2010 at 07:39 AM.
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote