View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Cool Update... GUI toolkit for Iliad

Hi All,

BREAKTHROUGH: this is really really REALLY cool!!!

I finally (after a long search, lots of downloads, lots of compile attempts) found a gui toolkit for the Iliad: UIP. It has the following properties:
  • Simple to learn
  • Lean and mean: 2 .so library files, total 0.6 MB. That's inclusive the binding for Lua. It is small because it uses the gtk libraries on the Iliad
  • Scriptable: program in Lua (if you want, C/C++ is possible), no need to compile.
  • Cross platform: you can use it to build apps for Linux / Windows, and run the same code on your Iliad

I've managed to port it to the Iliad. I'll make a decent package for it later, but I am so happy now that I wanted to let you know! I can feel the karma already ;-)

Have a look here to see what this is all about...
I think that this toolkit (in combination with Lua and Antartica's xepdmgr) boost the development of small smart apps for the Iliad.

Have fun!

Last edited by hansel; 01-30-2009 at 05:03 PM.
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote