View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #21
LWG
LWG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I purchased a kobo arc and tried to copy my books from my PC to the Arc via a USB cable. My books are stored in a program called calibre on my PC. Calibre is not recognising my Arc. I then tried to email myself a book and my Arc would not save it.
I tried downloading an app to recognise the epub file but had no luck. I tried contacting Kobo helpline but because it was not a book bought through kobo. In fact they told me there was no way to add books except ones bought through the kobo stor.
I have two other Kobo's and have always done this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you're having a problem with Calibre specifically, I would check if you can see your Arc connected in My Computer? If so then you should be able to find your books through a folder and just drag them to your Arc's ebook folder. On my computer,Calibre stores the books in My Documents\Calibre Library so I could just drag the epub books. I tend to only use Calibry myself to convert books to epub format so am not familiar enough with it otherwise.

When I had my first problem connecting my Arc (which was solved with a new USB cable), I setup the Dropbox app on both my computer and arc for wireless exchanging of files. Since I've found the Google shared drive is my easiest method for a wireless transfer.
LWG is offline   Reply With Quote