View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks for letting me know Walt, I will take a look into it.

EDIT: Ok, I can see the reason why, and no doubt there are other plugins that will have similar issues. A number of my plugins like this one dynamically update themselves at the time the user clicks on their icon on the toolbar, in order to ensure that whatever options are enabled/ticked reflect reality at that point in time.

So in the case of this plugin, it is not going to update the "checked" state of those options until it thinks it is displaying the menu. But because putting the menu on the Favourites menu plugin is a completely different approach to actually having it as a direct button the toolbar, this plugin never gets asked to update its values.

It definitely needs a solution of some kind...

Last edited by kiwidude; 11-05-2012 at 09:19 AM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote