View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
Even with my Galaxy Nexus I get the comment about it being a big phone, but 5 seconds after they see it in action they all want one! It performs very well against the IPhone, bigger, clearer and you can customise the screen space.
As a matter of interest, why don't you want to use a SIM card? My husband actually has one in his tablet because it gives him access to the 3G network. This a system used by an Australian telco and it has data access for use on the road where there is no wi-fi access, but no phone capabilities (although he does have a "phone number" - must try ringing it one day!)
Well, that "it is too big" perception was created by a certain Steve, with his "you must be able to reach all parts of the screen with your thumb when using only one hand". Which makes no sense at all. I have very small hands, but can easily dial just using one thumb. And it is great to hold it in landscape mode in my left hand and using the right hand to control everything on screen. Or you hold it at both edges and use both thumbs. The keyboard is the perfect size in portrait mode. Why would I always want to use just one hand? Try browsing using just one hand on the iPhone, it sucks big time. Everybody I have ever seen doing it uses both hands.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote