View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Interesting. Perhaps your cache got corrupted or something. I've gotta try that Adblocker add-in. I keep meaning to try it.
I use a different approach:

I have an add-on called Stylish installed. Stylish is essentially "Greasemonkey for CSS". Greasemonkey lets you run arbitrary JavaScript on specified pages. Stylish does the same for CSS, with the added feature that changes are visible immediately.

I have Stylish configured to apply the Ad-Blocking Filterset P "UserStyle" globally. It's a lengthy block of CSS that defines various things as ads and simply doesn't render them.

Ad-Block Plus is more powerful, but I don't care for the overhead of an add-on actively scanning each page to look for adds. Stylish and Filterset P does a sufficiently good job for me.

Stylish is here.

Ad Blocking Filterset P is here.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote