View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #405
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
So, my PW arrived today and I may go for a replacement because of the following:
I can see a very bright light spot in the lower left hand corner no matter what light setting I use. It bothers me because I have to look past it to read the screen, so I have to cover it with my finger. Not good! It is next to the bezel and spans across two rows of text and the progress area. No matter which way I turn the kindle, I can still see it. It is just so darn bright. I wonder if the light diode was misinstalled. Maybe because of this, the top left corner is also a bit too bright. The area is much smaller in the top corner, but it's bright, so bothers my eyes. This is noticeable at all light settings and unpleasant to the eyes causing eye strain above level 1. <snip>

Also, not a biggie because I will probably never see this again, but I had three dead pixels in the lower half of the screen that I could see because of the Kindle still image displayed during setup. I took a picture that I'll post tomorrow. <snip>
If mine had a pinhole of light on the screen straight from the box, it would have been returned the next day. Those are irritating and extremely distracting. I've seen a Nook Glow with one. Dead pixels can also be irritating, and another excellent reason to exchange the unit for a new one.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote