View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #53
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Has anybody succeeded in upgrading from 486?

I just pressed the button when the screen with the Cybook appeared and hold it pressed a very long time.
I assume you mean 476? Yep, worked fine. I put the upgrade file in the root of my SD card, powered on the Cybook en pressed the Enter key until it flashed twice, just like the instructions said to do. It displayed an upgrade progress screen and after a minute or two restarted with the new firmware.

The 'until it flashed twice' did take some 10 seconds or so; probably about as long as the normal boot (until it normally starts scanning the library).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote