Thread: Bug report
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #151
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith65 View Post
Hi, it's me again. I know I'm very persistent, but I did wish that 2.0.4 would fix the issue with my speakers popping whenever I press something AFTER the LED is off. However, 2.0.4 did not fix it.

I just figured out something I wish to share so you can help me find a way to fix it or, better yet, fix it in the next firmware release.

I just found out that when I am charging the device, it is deadly quiet (which is what I want). I think the problem may be current surges that would happen whenever I press a button or trigger the G-sensor after the LED goes off, which may mean that the device is put into some kind of power saving mode.

Another way to make it quiet with the crackling noise is, surprisingly, to play some MP3 in the background. Then LED stays on, and I don't hear any noise even though I set the volume to mute.

I currently suspect current surges are the culprits because the faults are not due to the speakers since it happens also when I plug my headphones in. If I plug in my headphones before the device boots up, I can hear the noise very loud and clearly (I encourage you to try it out and see if it's true for your device). It also happens when I turn the device off.

Right now, I am using a dummy headphone jack to mute and also protect the speakers. I hope this can be easily fixed with software. However, just in case it is the hardware issue, are the speakers unpluggable?

Thank you.
To be honest, I've heard once in a while some popping noise out of the speakers. However, it was certainly not "loud" or disturbing in my case. Certainly I believe that if that popping sound would be louder it would be very irritating.

As a brief comment: yes, you can easily unplug the speakers. Open the back (good luck with that, I guess you have heard that removing the back is a great pain.. but there are youtube videos by one of the sales person explaining how you can remove the back side with duck tape!!)... anyway, once you've opened the back you will immediately see where you can unplug the speakers.

Good luck. (removing the back was for me one of the most annoying experiences... I handle all my electronic equipment with so much love and care that removing that back was to me like plain torture)
review is offline   Reply With Quote