View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #41
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Watching the three Hobbit movies and still being willing to give the books a try is an amazing feat. I loved the Lord of the Rings movies and am a Peter Jackson fan in general (since he did Brain Dead/DeadAlive). Also, the Hobbit is my favorite book.

But those Hobbit movies were awful. I imagine it was the studio wanting another trilogy, but there is too much padding and simple scenes from the book were turned into extended action sequences.
I have just completed listening to The Hobbit audio book. It had been so many years since I read it, I didn't realize how different the movies were. However, I found it an entertaining companion, and especially loved the dragon and inside the Lonely Mountain scenes. Being able to see the abandoned dwarf home and all the treasure, was spectacular.

This weekend, we'll start watching my collection of the extended versions of the three LOTR movies. It's going to blow my daughter away. She is already planning to read the books, as well.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote