View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #36
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The animated Hobbit is completely unrelated to the animated Lord of the Rings.

The Hobbit (and later, The Return of the King) were animated TV specials done by Rankin Bass. The Lord of the Rings was a feature film by Ralph Bakshi
Yes, I knew that. I was just remarking that Animation isn't inherently poorer than Live action. I was disappointed that Part II wasn't made. I suspect Disney live action remakes were just exploiting the animated titles (Jungle Book, Dumbo, Beauty & Beast and Lion King). I'm not sure about re-watching the Jackson LOTR, but may re-watch the 1/2 story of the animated one. I have both. Read the books 1st in late 1960s. Time to read yet again soon. My TBR pile of unread is though about 3 years high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
If you've ever seen the animated The Last Unicorn ... [clipped] ... Rankin Bass and Topcraft (later Studio Ghibli).
Yes and have the book. Excellent. Yes, I read about Topcraft and Ghibli.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote