View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 12:58 PM   #34
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Sadly the Animated Hobbit only available in Ireland from North America, either in 480 line "NTSC" with English, or much better 576 line PAL (no 3:2 artefacts with interlace). Except the PAL version is dubbed into Spanish.
Or a pirate version in two parts on Dailymotion (kind of French originally version of YouTube). I'm only assuming the Dailymotion one is pirate.

Never seen it and always wanted to. I thought the Animated 1st part of LOTR (ends at Helm's Deep?) I saw in 1979 in Cinema was good. I have the PAL DVD of it now.

I can play any region. There isn't a PAL version sold in Australia or somewhere else?

I found the Jackson LOTR OK, though last episode not so good and some gratuitous changes re: Aragon and Women.
The Jackson Hobbit maybe OK if you'd never read LOTR or the Hobbit. Too much changed and stretched. One or two movies better. However I think "The Wheel of Time" should have been 4 to 6 books, though I like epic and long series, so maybe I'm wrong about the Hobbit 3 part movie.
I liked the Studio Ghibi take on Wyne-Jones's Howl's Moving Castle, I've the book, so interesting there is a connection to the Animated Hobbit.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote