View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 06:51 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I agree. I think the older Nook software looked better. If you look at the OS when the 2015 Plus was first released, it was an updated version of the ST software. Later, changes were made.
I think I would have liked the older software better, but it's not that big of a deal as I've gotten used to the newer interface.

Quote:
That is odd. Are you using the most current version of Calibre?

I've never had problems connecting my Plus to Calibre on Windows 10.
It's probably got something to do with Linux (or my flavor of Linux). I still haven't posted the error message on the Calibre. I'll get to it one of these days. I'm reading a in one book series on the Glowlight+ that I bought and downloaded just to see how the experience still works. Seems fine, although this book will probably never get out of the walled garden of Nookdom.

Quote:
I don't think any of the Nooks have auto sleep.

Here's the case I'm using: Fintie Nook GlowLight Plus Case

It's a nice case. But once the case is on, the placement of the power button will become an irritant.
That's the kind of Fintie case I normally buy, but I'm getting to where I like the "leather-like" Folio cases better. I found a Kindle case (the newest Paperwhite one) that fit the Tolino Vision really well. I'm hoping to do the same with the Glowlight+. (For now, though, I'll just use the Nook case that it came with, which is basically the same as the Finite case you're using, except it uses a strap instead of a magnet.)

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-All-Ne...gateway&sr=8-9

(You can get these cases for a little over half this price on eBay, buying them directly from Fintie.)

In use with my Tolino.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190802_124147.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	773.1 KB
ID:	173199   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190802_123646.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	173200  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote