Thread: New Leaf Theme Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #294
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have a new idea for a theme. Retellings. Defined by Goodreads as "A new version of an older story. Sometimes, a fairy tale or myth may be reimagined with a modernized setting or retold from a minor character's perspective." For example, I recently read Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie which is a retelling of Antigone set in modern London.
I like this idea too. It could cover books like Home Fire, and also books that cover a well-known story from a different point of view. The first one I ever read was Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys, a brilliant version of Jane Eyre from the point of view of Mr Rochester’s first wife.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote