View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #34
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salo Maa Neco View Post
I know $25 for a book is still better value than a movie ticket, but 2.99 is even better for an eBook
The value proposition is often the other way round when buying used, though.

I bought a good quality used hardback edition of Christopher Fowler's The Water Room at the weekend for £0.50. On Amazon UK right now, the ebook is £4.31.

A while ago I bought a terrible tattered copy of Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale for £0.50, followed by a much nicer copy for £0.99 before I actually got around to reading it. Current ebook price £5.72.

The number of new physical books I buy is way way down - the only ones I can think of off-hand are either nice objects in their own right, or are not available electronically - but I might very well have bought more used paper books than I have bought ebooks so far this year.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote