View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #15810
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just finished "Death at the Dolphin" by Ngaio Marsh, the 24th book in the "Inspector Alleyn" series. This book, like many in the series, is set in the world of the theatre. An attempt is made to steal a priceless glove, made by William Shakespeare for his young son Hamnett, from the Dolphin theatre where it's on display, during which attempt a watchman at the theatre dies. Alleyn must solve the mystery. As with all the books in this series, the crime really forms only the background to the novel - it's the wonderful characters that are the reason to read it, so very different from the flat, two-dimensional characters of Agatha Christie. A very good read.

For my future reading, to intersperse with the detective novels, I've decided to start reading (or re-reading) the enormous backlog of Baen books I've bought over the last 15 years or so, most of which I've never read, so in that light I'm starting with some of my earliest Baen books and reading "Hunting Party" by Elizabeth Moon, which I think I probably bought in about 1998 or 1999.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote