Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #28
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm just going to point out that the poll on hidden v. open votes was ended early. Who knows how many might have come in for open at the last minute, the way they came in for hidden in the more recent poll, when the compromise was the clear winner until the last day? Moreover, the precedent was established that people could change their votes. Without letting the poll go to its established end, we can't know how many might have changed their votes from open only to the compromise position. Perhaps it would have been better if changing votes hadn't been allowed, because it added a lot of uncertainty, but there it is.
If I were not allowed to change my vote, and since I was the only one who requested to do so, Hidden would still have won 16 to 11.

If the 3 people who spoke up and said they voted for "alternate" because they didn't think "open" would win had voted for open, Hidden still would have won 17 to 10 or 16 to 11.

If the 2 people who voted for "Other" had voted for "Open" or voted for "alternate", Hidden still would have won 17 - 12 & 9 or 16 to 13 & 9.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote