View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Of course it depends a bit on the typ size. But what they have done is sacrificed the right justification for specific lines if you cannot justify without getting holes.
but in that case, isn't it the same thing as left-aligned text ? why not just do that from the start ? that way, you can use the typeface you want, at whatever size you want, and you have no worries about holes in the text.

Quote:
Well, for the standard TeX font for example you need 600dpi at least since it has thin hairlines (or what you call them). It does not look prefect using 300 dpi.
what uses is this font designed for ? professional printers offer 300dpi ; it's the industry standard. i have never had a reason to look for higher, so i don't know if it's even available, but i really cannot imagine a case where 300dpi would not be good enough, with the exception of printing the "invisible (or at least illegible) to the naked eye" serial numbers or names which are sometimes used for authentification or security purposes (i read about it somewhere). seriously, 1/300 of one inch is so minuscule as to be effectively invisible, by itself. you can print photographs at 300dpi and they are almost indistinguishable from an argentic film print.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote