View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 06:02 PM   #64
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I followed the instructions to install into a Mint VM and they worked flawlessly, including the copying of the dll's. I'm fairly happy with their current state. So far we have no reports of failures with the updated version.
What version of Mint was that? 19?

I tried and failed to get either ADE or K4PC installed under Wine in Mint 19.1. I tried the stable Wine package (3.0) and the 'development' one (3.6). I never successfully managed to install dotnet 3.5. The K4PC install failed right away with a few messages to the console (the usual stuff about various things not being implemented). I tried both 1.17 and 1.24.

I even went back earlier in the thread and read my own instructions on setting up docker. Unfortunately I had pointed it to use Wine-staging which has obviously moved on.

Very frustrating.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote